Monday, August 15, 2016

Sauce Maker Appliance makes quick work of tomatoes!

This year I updated some of my appliances for preserving food.  One of the purchases was the Ball FreshTech HarvestPro Sauce Maker.  This is the EASIEST thing to use and makes very quick work of skinning, de-seeding and juicing tomatoes!!  It is also easy to clean as well.  I can highly recommend adding this to your arsenal of kitchen appliances.

The HarvestPro Sauce Maker.  LOVE this kitchen appliance!

The sauce maker assembled.

I have no financial interest in this product or this company, I am just relating my wonderful experience with it.  I purchased it on sale at the beginning of the season (in May) for $99.99.  Regular price is $149.99.  Here's the website:

http://www.freshpreserving.com/ball-freshtech-harvestpro-sauce-maker-1034049VM.html#start=1

You simply wash the whole tomatoes, core and cut them into quarters and heat in a pan.  Once heated thoroughly, you put them into the sauce maker and process.  6 quarts of juice took me MAYBE 30 minutes to process!  That included heating the tomatoes to begin with!

Box of tomatoes bought from the local farmer's market for $10!

 

Sauce maker in action. 

The above photo shows the how easy this appliance is to operate!  You place the cut up, heated tomatoes into that top bin.  Place your "scraps" bowl (seed and skin bowl, which is my white bowl here) at the end, place another bowl under the juice "spout" as shown (glass bowl here) and turn on the sauce maker!  VERY quickly, you've got your juice ready to can or cook with!  The appliance also has a larger setting, for allowing chunks of tomatoes, onions, etc to come through.  I have not tried that setting yet, so can't comment on how well that works.

The left over scraps, I feed to our chickens.  They LOVE this stuff!  I'm sure pigs would like this too.

Scraps neatly contained and ready to carry out to the chickens!

I've found this addition to our kitchen to be very, very helpful and well worth the cost!  Canning season is slowing down for us here in the south.  Now it's beginning to cool off a bit.  Next blog will begin a series on putting up your own small barn or run-in shed.  That will come out August 29th.  I hope you are enjoying your summer and are having a great canning season!

No comments:

Post a Comment